From TuxFamilyFAQJump to navigationJump to search
Our gaming platform games.tuxfamily.net is currently working and allows people from all around the world to play one of those nice free games :
- FreeCiv - version 2.0.6
- Frozen Bubble - version 2.0.0
- Battle for Wesnoth - version 1.3 & development
- OpenArena - version 0.8.8
- Teeworlds (mods CTF, OpenFNG and iDDRace) - version 0.6.1
- Evol Online
We were hosting those games but had to stop for the following reasons :
- Nexuiz down (not stable enough :/ )
- Cube down (not Free enough)
- Warsow down (not Free enough)
- Net Panzer down (not stable enough :/ )
- Bzflag - version 2.0.4
Free games !
The offered games are freely available under GNU/Linux. Most clients are availables in GNU/Linux distributions:
- prefer using your favorite packaging system (apt, urpmi, yast, emerge, pacman, ...)
- In some cases, the client is provided only with the complete game; this is specified in each game's page
- for those under Windows or MacOS X, clients are sometimes available, but use a GNU/Linux instead ;)
- for us, a free game is totally free: client, server and artworks.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_games [en] Wikipedia's free games list
- http://freegamedev.net Blog, Dev Forum, Wiki for free software games
- http://jeuxlibres.net [fr] Free games directory
- http://openarena.wikia.com/wiki/OtherOpenSourceShooter other Libre Software FPS
Use GameTemplate/En as a template when adding a new page for a game.
See Games/Admin for administration tasks of each game, well add your page at Category GamesAdmin/En to let your (kind) admin/modo know how to (re-)launch your game server, yep page in english to reduce support and updates of too many pages (as we all read english).