- 1 Description
- 2 Requirements
- 3 DNS Creation
- 4 How to configure and manage your domain name
- 5 Useful links
The domain name system (or DNS) is a system allowing to establish a link between an IP address and a host of a domain. (see DNS on wikipedia)
good to know
You can register your domain using the registrar of your choice. Just know that TuxFamily have all our domains registered by gandi and that we really like their services. We are now going to consider for the rest of this page that you own the domain myproject.org.
Some simple steps
- log into the panel
- select the group that will receive your new DNS
- Use the "create" button in the DNS section of the menu.
- Fill up the "domain name" field. In our example, myproject.org
- Then, as usual, you will have to provide a description for our dear moderators ;)
This object is moderated. Please report to the Moderation section
How to configure and manage your domain name
On your registrar web interface
Depending on the registrar you have chosen for your domains, the configuration method will change. This is why we can't provide detailed steps for this configuration. You may have to educate yourself using your registrar's help pages. You will need those informations :
- DNS Server 1 : ns1.tuxfamily.net
- DNS Server 2 : ns2.tuxfamily.net
How to manage your domain using the panel
My group's rights
This object can be shared with the rest of your group using the ACL
How to delete it
- Login on the panel
- select the group which owns your dns
- In the "Domain Names for your_project" box, select "Go to Administration"
- scroll down to "Delete this domain name from the VHFFS platform" , change the radio-button from No to Yes
- Press the delete button.