PgSQL databases allows you to easily store datas and access them from php webpages.
- A User
- A Moderated project
- A Website might be useful if you want to use your datas but it is not required to create a database
- Login on the panel
- Select the project that will receive the new database
- Use the "Create" link in the PgSQL section to create the database.
- Don't forget to provide a good description to avoid moderation issues.
- Your database name will be : ProjectName_Databae
- Don't forget to provide a description
- Be careful, there are some restrictions on the database's name length (the panel will help you)
This object is moderated. See :this page
How to configure it (panel)
You don't have any configuration options on a PgSQL database. The only thing you can do on this part of the panel is to overwrite the database's password.
You can use phpmyadmin to do basics operations on your database.
User name: Database_name Password : Database_password
How to manage my group's permissions on this object
You can use some ACL rules to set special permissions and allow members of your group to see/modify your database on the panel.
How to destroy it
- login to thepanel
- Go in your project section
- select your database
- Use the destroy button
How to use it
- Once your database moderated, you can use your database with the following informations :
- Login : NameOfTheDatabase
- Password : PasswordOfTheDatabase
- host : sql
- port : 3306
SQL host: sql
Note : Yes, the database server is sql. Yes there isn't any extension, Yes, it does work. No you can't connect to the mysql server from outside
Tips and tricks
- Yes, the database user is the same as the database name.
- Yes the SQL server is sql ! We know it sounds weird but it does work !