Repositories allow hosting big files to be downloaded:
- ISO files
- Packages repositories (.deb, .rpm...)
Default quota is 1024 MB and can be easily increased if you ask for it (kindly :D). Files are downloadable using ftp, http and rsync.
Note: choose carefully the name of your project as the URL for your repository will be of the form http://download.tuxfamily.org/PROJECT/
You can ask for creation in the panel (Your Project/Download Repository/Create).
- Write a clear description including license, moderation will be quicker.
This object is moderated see : Moderation
How to administrate
There isn't any option in the panel.
Nothing to configure :)
How to manage my project's rights
This object can be shared with your group using ACL
How to delete
- login in the panel
- Click on your project's group
- Click on your repository
- Click on delete
How to use
URLS for consultation are :
Simply use your ftp client on ftp.tuxfamily.org with your login (the panel one), files belong to your group and are replaceable by your project's contributors. Please add a README file including :
- Repository's content, its organization
- The license you chose for your files (see LicenceLibre) : add a LICENSE or COPYRIGHT file (like in debian)
- How to use this repository
- You can name this file MANIFEST (or _README or .README ? to place it first of list) => verify what is printed with an ftp connection.
- Look at http://download.tuxfamily.org/vhffs4/ for a debian repository example.
- Think to put a md5sum or sha1 file for ISO images (It allows to check the downloaded files)
- Please tidy up your folders (more than your room) to foresee next versions.