- 1 Description
- 2 Dependencies
- 3 Creation
- 4 Moderation
- 5 How to configure it (panel)
- 6 How to use it
- 7 Tricks and tips
- 8 Useful links
TuxFamily can also manage your mails for your own domains or for *.tuxfamily.org. By requesting a mail service on the panel, you will be able to add as many mailboxes and forwards as you need to your domain.
This page only explain how to manage mail domains. To get useful informations about mails @tuxfamily.org, please refer to the User mails page
- An User account
- A Moderated project
- A domain registered using a registrar (http://www.gandi.net for example)
As usual, login on the panel, select the project that will receive your new domain mail then use the create button in the mails domains section.
- Make sure that you create a domain in *.tuxfamily.org or that you actually own...
TuxFamily can't sell domain names and is not going to give you domains. If you want one, just buy one :) Maybe you should try with gandi (those guys rox ;) )
If you have your own domain
If you own a domain (let's say yourproject.org) that you are using for a TuxFamily-hosted project, you may also want to create a mail domain for it.
The mail domain you request should be the same as your domain name, so that you can create E-mail accounts or forwarding aliases for the members of your project of the form. email@example.com.
Note that the registrar from which you bought your domain may provide equivalent E-Mail services. You are free to use their Email services, but you will need to configure your project's DNS MX and CMAP records appropriately.
If you don't have a domain
you are encouraged to buy a domain name for your project, but you can still create a mail domain for your project as a sub-domain of tuxfamily.org.
To create E-mail accounts or forwarding aliases for the members of your project of the form firstname.lastname@example.org, simply request yourproject.tuxfamily.org as your mail domain.
This object is moderated. Please see the Moderation section
How to configure it (panel)
You have several fields on the panel :
- Catchall address : the catchall address :)
- Accounts : The mailboxes of your domain
- Forwards : Virtual mailboxes that forward mails to an other address.
- MAIL server 1 : mx1.tuxfamily.net
- MAIL server2 : mx2.tuxfamily.net
How to manage my group's rights on this object
You can share this object with people of your group using the ACL system
How to destroy it
- login to the panel
- select the group that owns this mail domain
- select the mail domain
- use the delete button
How to use it
In any case, your login is your full mail address
- with our webmail : http://webmail.tuxfamily.org/ ou https://webmail.tuxfamily.org/ (ssl)
- with your favorite and libre mail client with :
- pops.tuxfamily.org (ssl)
- imaps.tuxfamily.org (ssl)
Please notice that TuxFamily don't provide a smtp server. Please use your ISP's server or configure sendmail on your computer.
Tricks and tips
- You can't ask for the mail domain TuxFamily.org, it's ours :))