The user represent a physical person (YOU). This is also your login to access the panel and all the services provided by TuxFamily. Creating an user account automatically create mail at tuxfamily.org and a jabber ID at tuxfamily.org. (the jabber ID is only activated for active users who have at least one project)
A chair, a desk and some logic :P
To create your user, use the subscribe link on the Panel and fill in the blanks correctly. Please do provide your personal informations.
TuxFamily will NEVER use your personal informations for commercial purposes !
Once your account created, you should receive a mail with your password : welcome !
- use only lowercases and numbers in the user name field.
- do NOT create an account for your group ! you have to create an account for each user and then create a group
- do not use strange composed characters in any field(ï, oe, ø and ñ won't work...)
- do not put a mail @tuxfamily in the email field. Otherwise, we won't be able to contact you if the mailing platform is down...
- please, do put a valid mail:
- TuxFamily.org do not share the list and won't send you an email every two days about some random crap.
- You won't be able to recover your password if you forget it.
- TuxFamily.org won't be able to inform you about all the improvements on the platform.
If you already have a dummy account or an account with a bad name, please destroy it and create a new one from scratch.
There is no moderation on user registration.
How to manage it? (panel)
There is nothing very important to manage here... you can tune your users Preferences and personal informations etc...
As a TuxFamily member, you have a nice email address @tuxfamily.org if one of your project is validated by the administrator team.
In the user preferences section, you can define how those mails are routed (local mailbox or redirection). Your mail password is your panel password.
Warning! Once your mailbox created, you have to activate it by sending an email to this account
You have two options:
- Redirecting all the mails to an other existing account (you@yourISP.com)
- creating a real mailbox @tuxfamily.org
If you have this error : Connection dropped by IMAP server, you have to send a mail to activate it as said below.
How to use it
- You can use our wonderful webmail http://webmail.tuxfamily.org/ or https://webmail.tuxfamily.org/ (ssl)
- Or using your favorite (and open source :P) mail client with one of those servers:
- pops.tuxfamily.org (ssl),
- imaps.tuxfamily.org (ssl)
Outgoing emails : TuxFamily.org won't provide a smtp server, you have to use your isp to send emails.
Just use the default options of your mail client to use the ssl server (imaps.tuxfamily.org)
How to destroy it
You can destroy your account by using the "delete" button on the panel in your user section.